April 01, 2011

Ice Fishing!

So yesterday my mom says we’re going on an adventure.  I’m all up for that! We’ve been sitting in the house for waaaay too long – it’s time to get out and stretch these legs.  I know what you’re thinking; with 6” legs how much does it take to stretch them?  I’ll tell you… a lot!  Just the other day I JUMPED from one sofa to the other when I was on my strafing run through the house (that’s right, S-T-R-A-F-I-N-G, there’s your word of the day for Friday, look it up).  I was making my rounds all fired up and running hell bent for leather.  I closed my eyes and JUMPED! It was awesome! I flew through the air, landed on all fours (as you do), and kept going.  Then I couldn’t stop because it was so much fun!  My mom was SUPER impressed.
I guess that’s why she decided we needed an adventure, she could tell I was getting a little antsy being cooped up for a few days.  So her friend Justin came over and then we went ice fishing.  I was pretty excited until my mom reached for my down coat! Ugh! I hate that thing!  It’s so binding!  Such a hindrance!  But, she’s the boss of me so I let her put it on. 

We rode out to the lake in Justin’s HUGE red truck.  That thing was so far off the ground that there is no way I could ever jump into it.  Seriously, it was at least four feet off the ground.  But I tell ya, what a view we had from up there!

We went out on the ice on a lake.  It was pretty cool and a little cold on the old man berries because there had been a bit of snow so I was kinda glad I had my coat on – DO NOT TELL MY MOTHER I SAID THAT PLEASE!
Justin drilled a hole in the ice and my mom was a little nervous that I would fall in but hey, the hole wasn’t that big and I’m a dog, I have to sniff everything!


Then Mom and Justin sat with little miniature fishing poles and fished.  And fished. And fished. And caught nothing!  I watched with baited breath, (ha, ha, get it? baited breath?? I am so funny!), but nothing exciting came out of that hole.
I guess the fish thought it was too cold to come out of the water?  I don’t know but it was sure fun to get out of the house and smell some new smells!  I was pretty exhausted on the way home.  All of those awesome smells, struggling with that damn coat all day, and waiting and waiting for the fish that never came.  I conked right out on the way home.


3 comments:

  1. Radar, you know your mom is only thinking of your health when she makes you wear that coat, but I agree coats can be bothersome!
    Congats on your giant leap! You'll have to show me how you do it next time you're over.
    And by the way, I forgive you for the BIG scratch on my chest where you jumped up on me the other night... it doesn't hurt anymore and is fading fast.
    Love ya bud!
    Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHA Sorry Leanne I have to laugh about the scratch.. It looks like you were attacked by a lion! I'll make sure to file his nails better. He can't help but get so excited when he sees you though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya Radar my friend!
    Sorry it took me so long to see what you've been up to. Fishing event = boring and gross, I'm a fraidy cat when it comes to fish, so I'm glad you didn't get to see any of those yucky things. Trust me, you didn't miss much! Love the pictures tho' keep 'em coming. You are very photogenic!

    ReplyDelete