February 05, 2011

Excitement in the Homestead!

Thursday was a busy, busy day and night!  After almost freezing my berries and twig off on the “hike” with Auntie Leanne and Mom we all came home and had a bit of a nap. Trudging through the snow in cold weather is exhausting!  The ladies had some “fortified” coffee, (?? whatever, they thought it was funny), to keep warm but I was freezing my ‘nads off stupid blue parka or not…



Sorry, I got a little lost in my rant there for a second… in the afternoon Leanne came over again and continued to help tear up my mom’s kitchen.  They were painting and sanding and cleaning for a few hours and I must say I think it will look great when the kitchen is put back together again.


My mom went outside to shovel the porch and she saw a St. Bernard lying against the house next door.  Now the people next door are not really the friendliest people and she knew they didn’t have a St Bernard so being the animal lover she is she became curious.  He was laying there and when Mom called to him he started to cry and couldn’t get up!  
So my mom climbed through the snow to him and found that he was in a lot of pain and couldn’t move his hind legs.  He was also very skinny.  She went to talk to the neighbors and they were pretty useless.  They said they were dog sitting him and that he’d pooped in the house so they put him outside TWO DAYS before.  These people are idiots and are so lucky my mom doesn’t have a short temper because she would have shot them if she did.
Mom and Leanne found the number to the dog’s owner, called the State Troopers and my first dad Duane, also a State Trooper but he wasn’t working that night, and they all came over to figure out what to do.  Duane and mom got the dog; his name is Samson, into our house and blocked me off from seeing him!  Can you believe this? THERE IS A BIG STRANGE DOG IN MY HOUSE and I’M blocked off into the living room??
Samson was starving and when they gave him some of MY food he perked right up and wanted more, more, more.  This was a good sign and soon he drank a little water too.  I heard Aunt Leanne say to only give him a little food at a time because he might get sick but I know they only gave him a little food because I totally would have gone ape-shit crazy on his ass if he ate all of my food!

Samson’s owner finally called and he was pretty upset and worried about his dog.  We found out he was only 8 years old – we thought he was much older than that – and he didn’t have any problems when his owner left.
The next day Mom and Leanne took Samson for a ride in the truck AND LEFT ME AT HOME ALONE!  Can you believe this? I mean who’s in charge here?? Me. That’s who.

A couple of hours later Samson was back and man was he STONED! He smelled like the V-E-T’s office so I stayed away for a while.  Mom says he has a broken pelvis and that we have to take care of him for about a week because his owner won’t be back home soon and his other friends (decent people, not the idiots next door), have kids and dogs and he needs to be kept quiet and mellow for a few days.  I’m all over it!  I watch him and make sure he’s breathing okay and sniff and look at him often.  



I think we will be good friends, he won’t walk very well ever again but that’s cool.  His legs are three times longer than my whole body so if he can only walk slowly, that’s good; I can keep up!



2 comments:

  1. Poor Darling!!Thank goodness your mom and Leanne have such big hearts! You keep an eye on him! You are a good Pup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes good dog Radar~ taking in a new friend! My Heroes, all of you.

    ReplyDelete