February 10, 2011

Napping, a step by step tutorial

Per Wikipedia;
A nap is a short period of sleep, usually during daytime. Naps may be taken when one becomes drowsy during the day or as a traditional daily practice. It is common for small children and elderly people to take frequent naps. **Obviously they forgot to mention Frenchies are big fans of napping**

Step one:
Get some good old fashion exercise!
I’m partial to running, short distance of course. A small burst is the way to go.
If you have some littles handy they are great running partners! On a side note… For added fun I generally trip them. It’s quite the hoot! They think it’s hilarious!! Make sure your littles are cool with this before forging ahead though..

I’ve been very lucky with the littles I keep company with. My main littles are Brock and Kage. Pretty cool dudes. You could say they’re mine. And by mine, I mean I don’t like sharing them with other four leggers.

My second choice of getting good and tuckered out is a hike. Nothing better than ALL those smells! I can’t even help it, when I’m on the trail I just can’t stop peeing and sniffing! Below is a picture of me and Kage hiking Skyline.
Step two:
Get a good snack. I’ve found that having a full belly really sacks me right out!
*If your two legger won’t give you any good snacks, go ask a little. They ALWAYS come through!!
Make sure you use a face similar to the below demonstration. Suckers! 




Be sure to always thank them after getting a snack. Training littles with kisses as a reward tends to work well for me.




Step Three:
Find your favorite napping position.
Everyone is different so try a few of these out;

Upside down… Great for back pain. Really stretches out that spine! Plus if you’re outside you get those hard to tan spots.




With friends...

Or on friends...


But as I’ve always preached...err maybe I just started preaching this??... Anywhoo... While napping it’s always important to have a good pillow!


Now get out there and have a NAP! Radar style!!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Radar! Thanks for all the tips, I took your advice and napped right there at my desk. I have perfected napping while sitting up esp. when the TV is on. Cute little, that Kage! Keep on Truckin, XOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carrie! I'm glad you got a little nap in. I too fall asleep watching TV, yet I'm not quite at your level. I have to lay down. I think it may be because my head is too heavy? XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete